Sunday, January 16, 2011

Officially Parents of a Teenager

The holidays come and go so quickly with three birthdays to celebrate in the mix. Then the holidays close out with a fourth birthday, on January 8th, bringing the end of all the present giving and cakes/desserts that one could possibly eat in six weeks.

This last birthday marked a special day for Mike and I as parents. We are now officially parents of a teenager! I know that this may not seem like a big deal to most parents. Each child will eventually hit this milestone. However, Mike and I got here seven years too early. Our daughter is growing up so fast. And yet, we've only had her for six years. When we adopted her from Ukraine back in 2005 as a seven year old, I could have never imagined all that God would have in store for us as her parents. We have been so blessed by having the privilege to be her mom and dad. She has grown up to be a beautiful child, I mean teenager, of God both inside and out. I pray that God will continue to keep her under His protection as He uses her for His glory as she shares her testimony. I am so proud to be her mom! Happy Birthday Stasia!

In Him,
Melissa

No comments: