Sunday, August 31, 2008

My first blog

OK, OK. So after attending a Beth Moore conference in San Antonio, Texas and meeting many wonderful women, I finally succumbed to the pressure of creating my own blog. I must admit that I didn't think that I would have very much to offer in interest to others. However, I realized that God has given each of us a story. Some better than others, but each a testimony nonetheless. I hope that by sharing my experiences, God will get the glory for all that He has done in my life.
So here goes... I am foremost a Christian who loves God greatly and cannot thank Him enough for the provision He provided on the cross. Without Him, I would be nothing, literally. Second, I am a military wife. I am very proud of my husband, Mike, and his service to our country. Third, I am a mother who is humbled and greatful to God for blessing me with five adopted children. I can't believe He trusts me so much! Fourth, I am a sister to five wonderful siblings whom I love and miss very much being that we are all over the place. I had an eventful and very fulfilled childhood while being loved by two sets of wonderful parents. And lastly, I am a proud Fightin' Texas Aggie (class of '98)-Whoop! It took me six years to graduate college, but I am well rounded in my studies and all the wiser.
As I add more comments to the blog, you'll see that almost everything will encompass one of those areas of my life. I pray that you will enjoy reading and sharing what God is doing in my life.

9 comments:

Shonda said...

Welcome to Blogville!

I hope you have as much fun sharing and meeting people as I have had and still have.

What a blessing to serve a mighty and awesome God that He gives each one of us a special message to share.

I look forward to reading your posts.

Engrafted by His Grace-
Shonda

Angela Baylis said...

Let me take this opportunity to welcome you to Blog land! I knew from the moment I met you that I already love your heart! It seems strange that most of the women I met on here were through the blog first. With you I got to meet you face to face first! I am SO sure you will Glorify God through your writings. You have so much to share! I admire you for wasting no time to get started. I'm glad you felt the nudge. I can't wait to see what God teaches me through your blog!
Much Love to a wonderful Mother of Many!
Angie xoxo

Georgia4God said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alene said...

Hey girl! I fell in love with you at the Siesta Fiesta and YEAH now I can keep in contact with you. You are precious and I look forward to hearing from you in your posts. Your sweet spirit has captivated my heart. Thanks for joining us in bloggie world. Blessings.

Patty said...

Welcome Melissa!!

I am so glad that you joined Shonda at the Siesta Fiesta and you can visit me at the Siesta Fiesta blog or my personal blog!!

Please tell your husband thank you for serving our country and may God bless your sweet family!!

I look forward to reading more about you!!!

Blessings,
Patty

Lisa Smith said...

Melissa,

Shonda said since we are both Aggies, we must meet! I am class of '93, live in Aggieland with my husband and four children, love Jesus with all my heart and am so happy to meet you.

I can't wait to hear more of your story!

Blessings today,
Lisa

Leah Adams said...

Melissa,

Welcome to Blogland!! It was so great to meet you in Texas at the Siesta Fiesta. I know that you will have some wonderful words to give all of us through your blog. Can't wait to hear your heart as you blog!!

I have the deepest admiration for all of the men and women who serve our country!! Please tell your husband I said thanks!!

Leah

Dee said...

Hi Melissa,
How have you been all these years? I see you are married to a guy in the military, so am I. What service is he in? When did you get married? When did you adopt your kids? You should call me so we can talk for a few...
(910)684-0843

Hugs,
Dee

marine's words said...

welcome Melissa, love marina