Thursday, September 4, 2008

Off to Germany, here we go!

My second entry and my mind is scrambling with things to say. Life has been turned upside down as of two days ago. My husband found out on Tuesday that we are moving to Germany next June. YEAHHHHHH! I can't believe we are going overseas. I am so excited and then all of a sudden struck with fear. I'm taking five kids with me! How is this going to be possible. I told a friend of mine that our other option, Little Rock, AR, would have been a "Me" move. I could organize, arrange, and move our little family to another assignment. It would have been me. But God obviously has grander plans for me, one that includes more humility. Moving to Germany will be a "God" move.
I admit right now that I do not know how this is going to happen. I realize I can only take one step in front of the other and know that God has ordained it all. It was not a surprise to Him for us to get this wonderful assignment and it will be no surprise how we get there. I sometimes wish He would show me a glimpse or fast forward play of what will take place. And again realize He knows better. I would probably stress out and ask Him what woman was He just looking at.
So as we prepare for Mike to leave for training in early December, please pray that God will give us discernment with all our moving decisions - do we sell our house, can we be with him while he is at training for six months, what do we plan to take with us, what will stay, what clothes can I pack in a suitcase that I want to wear for the next 6 months, what clothes can I pack for my kids that will still fit them in 6 months...?
We feel so incredibly blessed with this opportunity. So now from the border of Mexico we prepare for Europe knowing God will be with us every step of the way!

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.

With much excitement,
Melissa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm really happy for you BUT...I will miss you on the platform and will miss those kiddoes - especially the little boys. I know that not only are they happy to have a forever home now, but on top of that they will get to see the world with you guys. That's very cool.
And now that you have a blog, I can keep up with you.

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!!! So excited for you guys! Wouldn't that be something if WE ended up there next summer too???

Angela Baylis said...

How exciting, Melissa! I'm glad you are blogging now, so we can walk every step of the way with you! It's great that are trusting God in all of your decisions. Keep seeking Him and He will lead you in the right direction.
I like the pictures you added! You are so beautiful and so is the rest of your clan!
Much love,
Angie xoxo

Shonda said...

I love the pictures! I'm excited for you and I'm in shock. I had no idea that it would happen so fast. I'm glad you're blogging so we can stay in touch with each other.

Isn't God so good. You did not get the assignment until the adoptions were finalized. Remember the Lord has prepared you for this season in your life. All your past experiences being a "military brat" has led you to this moment as it is your turn to raise "military brats." :-) Actually you're raising "children of God" with the military being the vehicle you're on.

Remember your name--Melissa--honey bee. You're a pollinator. You move around spreading the pollen to produce the seed. Then the seed bears fruit. Your life has significance! The seed is the Word of God. The Word produces fruit. The blossoms need the pollen to produce the seed. Go forth and spread the Good News!

Engrafted by His Grace--
Shonda

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

what an inspiration you already are!!! Can't wait to see or read all about it!! Leigh

marine's words said...

Melissa, you have such a beauitful family and I am excited for you it well be fun ") although I will miss you, marina

Leah Adams said...

Melissa,

How terrifyingly wonderful!! God is taking you down a path you have never been before just like Joshua and the Israelites. "Consecrate yourselves for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you." Keep us updated on all that He does in your life as you can. So glad you are now blogging and can communicate with us this way even from Germany!

Leah

Lisa Smith said...

Just saw your picture in Texas Aggie Magazine.
Cool playhouse!!

Lisa Smith said...

Oh wait, that was you, wasn't it?!
Gig 'em!