Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year 2009!

Happy New Year to everyone! I am glad to say that the beginning of this year is alot better than the end of last year. All of the kids are doing much better, only a few occasional coughs now. And we have now moved into our new, temporary, 3-bedroom home as seen below. I even included a picture of our new living room. It is much smaller and sparse than before. Yet, I am thankful for God's provisions. Just to give you an idea how much we fill up our new home, Alaizha has to store her clothes in the hall linen closet. I put her underwear and socks in seperate bags to keep them organized and in one spot on the shelf since we ran out of dresser drawers between the rest of the kids. She is a good sport about it. ; ) I had to buy two plastic shelving units to store games/toys/arts supplies with my office stuff and another in the kitchen to store food (there isn't a pantry). I am learning to be content with little as well as with much! Thanks for all the prayers during our transition. I feel like I am home now because we are all with Mike!


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Home is where God places you and your family is! May it be so for all of you! It makes me giggle to think of socks and underwear in the hall closet! :) You're such a trooper. I am praying for you all. Love you!

Lisa Smith said...

Wow! Melissa so much has happened since I checked your blog! I am praising God that He has been faithful in your life and will continue to answer your prayers. Enjoy time with your hubby!!

Glad you're all well. Blessings to you!!!