Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Need prayers!

OK. I am desperate and I need your prayers. As most of you know, Mike has been TDY in Arkansas for two weeks. We are in the middle of a move living out of suitcases while staying with my in-laws. And now all five kids are sick! My youngest, Bryan, was taken to the ER on Sunday because he was having coughing fits that lasted over 30 minutes and included him coughing so hard that he vomited three times. Turned out that cough medicine was not working because he had an upper respiratory infection. He is now doing much better, still coughing some, but much, much better. However, last night Alaizha went to bed early with a 103.5 temp. And then all three girls woke up coughing and with fevers. Eli is coughing, but no fever yet. I am trying to get the base clinic to see us, give me advice, anything that will stop whatever is taking over my family.

To add the madness, Mike started his drive home today and didn't even make it out of the city. He is in the car shop trying to figure out what is wrong with the truck and how long it will take to fix.

Please pray for us!!! I don't know what else to do. I'm praying that I can post some better news in a few days. Thanks for being there with me.

Melissa

5 comments:

intensivena said...

Praying, that God will give you His peace, His healing, His strength. He is able, we are not!! I know what it feels like to live out of suitcases for weeks at a time, but not with 5 kids too!!
"Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you." 1Pet5:7

Lisa said...

You poor thing! I hope there is a better report soon. So sorry to hear about this Melissa. May the Lord give you health and strength [and sanity!] to care for family. Love you!

Michelle said...

Hope everyone is feeling better at this point. I'm sorry it was a sick stressful Christmas. May God's grace find you and keep you. I love you

The Lovegren Bunch said...

oh, girl, i am soooo sorry. if you need to vent, please don't hesitate to call. May God fill you and Mike with His Wisdom and Strength. I love you and miss you lots!

Shonda said...

How are you now? I'm sorry I missed this and hope all is well now. Please let me know.