Monday, December 8, 2008

The beginning of December brings...

It is hard to believe that three weeks has past since my last update and I feel like that was just yesterday. Boy, time flies when you are busy.

We finally moved out of our house the last week of November and our renters took over on the first of December. That us such a huge sense of relief for us to have someone taking care of our home.

Our family was then blessed to spend Thanksgiving in College Station with my parents, my sister from Florida and my sister from Arizona and their families. We just relaxed - no moving, no cleaning (well, a little), no organizing piles... And we ate!

We came back to Del Rio refreshed and ready to spend the next few weeks unsettled and as guests in my in-laws home. Thank God for them and thier generosity! And their babysitting. The picture above is our last date night out on Friday when we attended our squadron Christmas party. I wanted to go out Texas style!

Lastly, Mike left today for Arkansas to begin training on Wednesday. He is going to get us our new address and secure our temporary house for early January just in time for the girls to go back to school. We should hopefully only be seperated for two weeks. It is still tough though being without Mike. Thanks for the continued prayers through this long transition. We are enjoying it.

In God's Grace,
Melissa

5 comments:

Angela Baylis said...

Okay, Mom of Many (Melissa)...I just saw you on the LPM blog and had to smile! It seems like yesterday when we talked about your blog! I'm SO happy you came on board! I'm glad things are working out for you! I know someone who has a place in College Station! Looks like you and your husband are so in love! Take good care!
Love,
Angie xoxo

Kim Safina said...

The Journey Continues ~

Just wanted you to know that I am uplifting you in daily prayer from California!
Have a blessed Christmas season with that precious family of yours.
Psalm 46:10 Be Still..

With "Heaven Bound" blessings,
Kim Safina
http://www.kimsafinathejourneycontinues.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

You look great! You are so beautiful! I'm glad for the update. I've been praying for you and will continue to do so as you walk through the next couple of weeks.
Wish I could've been there at your goodbye party! Miss you!

Lisa said...

I love that picture of you and Mike. I miss you guys and wish you lived here again, like the good 'ol college days!

intensivena said...

I'm praying for you from Ukraine. It looks like you might have world-wide coverage in this. But God is so faithful. He will give you the strength you need.
Love,
Georgia