Monday, May 30, 2011

An Update and New Polish Pottery


Well, an update on the kids brings good news that they are slowing coming around. They still need redirection, but what kid doesn't? School is coming to an end with only 13 school days left. With today being a holiday (thank you to the many soldiers who have fought for our freedom!), we went to a church picnic last night and stayed out late enjoying the sunlight. I am so ready to have that permanently. And I think the kids are too.

Today also brought the beginning of Mike's tdy to Little Rock AFB as he attends training for a month. I am confident that God will take care of us. Yet, I also admit to anxiousness with his absence. I already miss him and he's only been gone a few hours. We'll get our routine established quickly and that will help. There is still no word on whether we will move this summer. But keep posted. We'll write an update as soon as find out something.

In preparation for Mike's tdy, I got to plan a last minute girls' getaway to Poland to buy some of thier famous pottery. When we lived in England, back in 2001, I remember seeing it and not thinkinig too highly of it. However, it grew on me and I fell in love with all the unique designs and the mixing and matching of various patterns. So my friend, Pam,and I drove the seven hours to Boleslawiec on a whirlwind shopping spree filling her car with loads of the beautiful dishes. To make the trip even better, we stayed at a quaint little Bed and Breakfast called the Blue Beetroot. It had the best food, some great tasting fruit-flavored beer (raspberry and apple), and allowed us to indulge in eating desserts while getting pedicures. I was astonished at how little we spent in comparison to the royal treatment we recieved. I'll post pics of some of the things I got. It makes me wonder what kind of dishware we'll eat with in Heaven. Fine china, Polish pottery as unique as each individual, paper plates, or will we even eat in Heaven? I hope we do! If you ever come to our house for dinner, you'll get to enjoy using our new dishes. I didn't want to store it in a cabinet for occasional use. I wanted our family to enjoy God's new provisions for us - every day. Everything is a gift from Him, even dishes!

In Him,
Melissa

No comments: