Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer's almost here

Summer break is almost here. The kids are busy finishing all the last school projects, tests, and homework assignments to get their final grades. And I am getting ready to say goodbye to my quiet house during the day. Though I must say, I am looking forward to the kids being home. It will be nice to sleep in (compared to school mornings) and go to bed later now that the sun is not setting until about 10 PM. We can have sleepovers during the week, have friends watch movies with us in the evening, and hang out until the sun goes down. Ahhh! The joys of summer!

Mike should be back from training in about three weeks and then we will begin our summer trips. Two summers ago we moved here and dealt with moving into a new house and settling into the area. Last year, I stayed busy with homeschooling our oldest to make sure she was ready for 7th grade (it paid off!). This summer will be so different. I look forward to what God will bring.

We'll keep you updated.

In Him,
Melissa

No comments: