Friday, June 24, 2011

Woohoo! School's Out!

School is out and summer has begun. I have thoroughly enjoyed this last week with the kids being home. I feel like I have been enjoying a seven day weekend. The kids and I have started establishing a weekly summer plan that includes going to the library for books once a week, getting movies twice a week, and going to the pool. We are just taking it easy until Mike gets back and our travels begin. He gets home in one week if all goes according to plan.

I have to admit, I was nervous about how the kids and I would do without Mike for a month. We miss him ALOT. Yet we have handled things well without him here. I must say it is a God thing because I hear horror stories about things that happen when the man of the house leaves. We have been blessed to have everything under control, even the kids's behavior. I was especially worried about that considering what happened around spring break when Mike was on a different TDY.

We still haven't heard anything about the military's plan for us this summer - do we leave or stay. We'll post something about it as soon as we hear.

In Him,
Melissa

1 comment:

Stacy Alford said...

Melissa,

Hello. This is Stacy Alford. You and I have never met but my husband Scott and Mike are friends. Though it feels like we have already met because I have seen your family grow over the years through the annual Christmas cards that have been sent to my mother's home address. What a blessing too! This way you haven't lost track of us over the past few military moves. :) Please continue to use the same address.

Funny story.

Scott and I just moved to Maxwell as he is attending ACSC this year. I was unpacking my Polish pottery tonight and decided to look online for a few more pieces. While I was searching on Google images of Polish Pottery I found the picture from your blog of you shopping for yours!!! I recognized you INSTANTLY. I opened it up and found your blog. How neat!

It must be a total God thing. Any ways, I wanted to post this message right away. What are the chances!?!?!

I will never forget our trip to Boleslawiec back in 2003, I believe. I have a variation of the peacock pattern. I love it!!! I am retiring it for a little while. After using it for many years, I have decided to mix it up a little. This stuff has held up great.

I would love to stay in touch. I have saved this link for your blog. My email address is salford76@hotmail.com, if you guys don't have it already.

Oh, I read your more recent blogs. Where are you guys hoping to go next? Please keep us posted on the whole assignment thing.

God bless!

- Stacy