Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer starts with a double bang!

School got out last Thursday!  Woohoo!  The kids and I have been looking forward to this for a while, especially Dasha.  The last day of school marked her 13th birthday.  We now officially have two teenagers in the house.  My, my!  Dasha picked the birthday menu and we celebrated with taco night and monkey bread for her "cake".  It was a nice change from the typical birthday cake.  Her "big" gift was her third iPod shuffle.  Yes, I said "big" because we couldn't trust her with a more expensive choice considering she washed her previous two in the washing machine.  We told her she is more than welcome to have a nano... if she buys it.  I can't believe my two little Ukrainian girls are now teenagers!

The other "bang" was some very good news about Mike.  We found out that he is on the Lt. Col. promotion list!  Yeah, Whoop and Praise God!!!  It will take a while for him to pin on, but at least he's on the list.  We are guessing by next summer.  Keep looking for updates.  We'll definitely post it along with pics.  I am so proud of my hubby!  I am grateful to God for giving him the favor to get this far in his military career.  We give Him all the credit for where we are today.

Our plans for the summer entail a few fun trips.  We have some friends coming in next week for two weeks.  They are leaving their little ones behind.  So we have action packed their itenerary and are taking them to several countries.  One trip is a date trip because we are leaving our kiddos behind too.  A friend has generously offered to watch the kids for two nights and three days.  Once we get back from our little escapade, we are letting Stasia go with some people from church to a youth conference in Switzerland.  I am nervous about letting her go, especially to another country.  But I know that she is more than capable and trustworthy.  Mike had to remind me that in four years it will be college and I won't be getting her back except for holidays.  I hit him!

Our last big trip is going back with Mike to the states as he attends a three and a half week training in Florida.  I have all kinds of plans in my head and I am hoping to somehow fit them all in the little time we have there because, with the price of airline tickets, we may not make it back for a while.  Let's just say Chik-fil-A is at the top of my list, several times!

Again, our home is open for visitors if anyone ever wants to come visit!

In Him,
Melissa

 

No comments: