Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October is here!

Well, October is finally here bringing with it some cooler weather. I look forward to the days when we can wear long sleeves and sweatshirts all day, not just in the morning before 9am.

There isn't much to update over the last two weeks. Though I have maintained a certain level of busyness. Between appointments for school, dentist, and physical forms being filled out for our orders to Germany, I have a child with eight cavities (yes, I said eight!) that will undergo anesthesia next Tuesday.

In the meantime, I am trying to work on getting my quiet time done earlier and to pray more. I don't know why this is so hard for me. But please pray that I will pray! ; ) I have been convicted to pray about specific things as well as outside my little circle. I need to pray for our leaders, our country, our city, my/our pastors, my husband, my children specifically, not just in general. Thanks in advance for any prayers and/or encouragement.

Melissa

4 comments:

Shonda said...

Melissa,
Follow where the Lord leads you. He'll show you how to put that time for HIM in your schedule. He loves you and you have a heart to please HIM. Love & blessings.
Engrafted by His grace-
Shonda

Michelle said...

I will be and have been praying! I miss you! Who has 8 cavities! ? ! Poor baby...and poor mommy having to sit through the visit! :)
I will be praying for your quiet time as well. Wish we could run and pray together.
Love you!

Angela Baylis said...

I'll be praying on Tuesday for your child and for you! I'll pray you can get your quiet time in, so the rest of your days will go smoothly and you'll be full of His Spirit... Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness, Faithfulness and Self-Control!
Much love,
Angie in Michigan xoxo

Alene said...

HOw are you doing girl? Got to see some of your Del Rio friends this weekend. The conference was incredible. The Lord has just tweaked my morning time to 5:30am. Boy, that was an adjustment for me. But it has worked so well. Whenever you decided - the Lord will bless and meet you there. Love ya.