Thursday, October 9, 2008

To sell or not to sell? That is the question!

Considering how the economy has been going the last few weeks in light of the bailouts, houses are not moving. So in the midst of all the other decisions we need to make in regards to moving, our question comes back to us in need of another answer. Do we still try to sell our home or now should we look into renting?
Control is area of weakness for me, especially passing it over to my husband. I am a true military wife in that I have trained myself how to handle it all... at least that is what I tell myself. Then God comes along to shatter my overly confident self perception and show me I am still under His wings even if I can't see the next step in front of me. Why is this so scary-not knowing what tomorrow holds? I don't know if I will ever truly know the answer. However, at the same time, I am learning to relax and stand firm that God already knows how I am going to get to our next assignment, where our kids will go to school, where we will live, whether we will rent or sell this house, whether we will rent or buy the next... The details are endless and yet God knows and cares about each and every single one.
So as I struggle with giving over control, I pray that each of you will realize God's sovereignty in your life and that He has ordained the days of your life. There is no need to worry about tomorrow. He is already taking care of that too.
Thanks Lord for your provisions!
Melissa

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi, Melissa! (This is Lisa Cook.) I just discovered your blog, and since you're fairly new to the blogging world, I've "tagged" you so you have even more blogging material for one day. You can click on my name and follow it over to my blog to see the rules. Have fun, and congrats on the assignment to Germany! I know all the details will work out beautifully.

Shonda said...

I trust as you do too that the Lord will guide you. Blessings dear friend.

Engrafted by His Grace-
Shonda

Michelle said...

I'm praying for you and the decisions and missing you like crazy! I"ll try to call again soon. Keep surrendering you are just where God wants you!

Lisa said...

Glad you found us too! Justin also says hello and wants to know why that husband of yours hasn't accepted our facebook friend requests! Haha.

Lisa Smith said...

I'll be praying for you!!!

Angela Baylis said...

Hey, Melissa!
I will keep you in my prayers. You are so right to leave it up to Him! I hope you are doing well!
Much love,
Angie xoxo