Saturday, December 18, 2010

The beginning of Christmas break

The beginning of Christmas break started with school being cancelled for Friday because we got over four inches of snow. That is evidently a lot for our area. We got another two inches last night. And now big piles of snow have been built in our yard by the kids. They are spending hours outside. I love it!

We also got our Christmas cards mailed and are just awaiting a few more addresses. It's a big thing accomplished on our "to do" list. Since it has been two years since we've sent out updates, I desperately needed to get that done.

Thanks to Mike and his early shopping bug, we actually finished getting all our Christmas presents. With the exception of two gifts that will be wrapped the night before Christmas, all of them are under the tree. We added a little twist to keep the fun of guessing what's inside the package... the gift tags are coded. Now they have no idea which gifts are for them specifically. I even put some of the girls gifts in boy themed bags and vice versa. Some of the bags are birthday themes. This throws them off because Eli's birthday is on the 26th and so they think those are definately his. So much fun! You should hear their conversations.

And lastly, we are trying to start our scrapbook with the intent to finish it before Mike leaves for his deployment which is scheduled for early January. It seems to grow bigger each year. But we love to keep track of where we've been and how much the kids have grown over the year. Plus, the kids love to sit in the living room and look through them like story books. It makes it worth all the work to put them together.

I am thankful to God for so many things right now... my Savior, my husband, my kids, my friends, my church. Even though our culture has turned this season into gift getting and receiving, I am mostly in awe of the relationships I am privileged to be part of. Thank you for being part of that blessing!

In Him,
Melissa

No comments: