Sunday, December 5, 2010

Upcoming possibilities...

As we look forward to the Christmas season, I know I have a lot to be thankful for. And as I face an upcoming possibility, I want to bask in God's grace, glory, and provision for our family. You see, Mike found out that he is on the deployment list for January. By God's divine mercy, I have yet to experience a deployment with kids. And now I have five children who will bear the weight of their Dad's absence for several months. Just as God provides for the lilies of the fields and the birds of the air, I know He will take care of us too. He has provided a wonderful church filled with many kind-hearted and tender servants who relish the opportunity to love on others. He has blessed Mike and I with a strong marriage that, I pray, will only be stronger by the end of the separation. He has blessed us with beautiful children who understand, way beyond their years, that Papa must go serve our country. So this update is to seek your prayers for our family this Christmas season... that we would truly understand God's provision for our salvation through a little baby who became the Savior of the world, that we would celebrate His birth without taking for granted all He has truly given to us, and that our family would bring God glory through the season as we prepare for this separation. Thank you!

In Him,
Melissa

No comments: