Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Card Letter

Instead of sending out Christmas letters this year, we sent out postcards with our blog address. So if you are here because of the postcard, "WELCOME to our family blog!"

I first want to say that we are eternally grateful to Christ, who came to earth as a baby, to save us from our sins. Without Him, I would be nothing! He is the reason for the celebration in our home. With that, I also acknowledge that everything I have, especially my husband and my five beautiful children, are gifts from Him.

I love this time of year for a few reasons. One is the cooler weather than what I am used to coming from Texas. It is snowing again which will more than likely leave us with a true White Christmas. I honestly cannot remember the last time I have see that. The kids are enjoying all the snow by making snow men, igloos, and piles of snow to jump on.

I also love this time of year because of all the updates we get from our friends. I love hearing how everyone is doing, the new additions that have been added to your families, how big all the kids are getting, all the places you have travelled, what's in store for the next year... Please keep them coming. A little tradition that Mike and I do every year is add all the friends and family pictures from the year at the end of our annual scrapbook. Some of you have made it into several albums!

Another reason I love this time of year is the focus on spending time with family and friends. It's about sharing God's love with each other through relationships, not gifts. Even those occasional email updates, facebook status's, or the short visit mean the world to us in comparison to our things that we could ever possess.

All in all, I am trying to say "THANK YOU!" for being a part of our extended family, for loving us, and blessing us more than words can say. May God's gift of His Son be a reminder of what is truly important all year long.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Melissa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

um, we didn't get a postcard. did we not make the cut this year?!?!? :-)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! I just wanted to let you know that I came here from your Christmas card.
Blessings,
Kristen Burnup